Monday, September 5, 2011

Turophilia - Food Truck at 7th and Vine

This post has been a long time coming.  I stopped at Turophilia for lunch about a month ago but haven't found the time to update.

Although quesadillas are hard to screw up, a great one is surprisingly hard to find.   Growing up in a vegetarian household, my favorite after school snack was microwaving a tortilla with yellow cheese.    Not all that exciting, but I worked with what I had available.  Today, the quesadillas I choose are a little more sophisticated.  While I still love a cheese quesadilla, it better be crispy and made of something other than kraft american cheese.  

Turophilia takes it up a few notches from my after school snack, with ingredients like pine nuts and roasted red peppers.  The menu is small and changes regularly.  The day I was there, none of the options were traditional Mexican fare.  All were gourmet but  I'm not sure if this is always the case.  
My quesadilla was called The Black Keys.  It began  with a whole wheat tortilla and had pesto, artichokes, black olives, onion, garlic, mozzarella and goat cheese.  I ordered mine without onion as I'm weird about raw onion overpowering meals - plus I wanted to avoid smelling like it the rest of the work day.  The quesadilla was perfectly crispy and the mozzarella oozed out as I pulled apart the pieces.  The pesto paired perfectly with the artichokes.  It was so delicious that I wish I had ordered a 10 instead of 8 inch.  
My quesadilla took about 10 minutes to make and cost $6.00 flat.  I tipped as well because you could see how much she cared about giving each quesadilla the attention it deserved.  Also, it was about 100 degrees that day and she looked really hot in that trailer.  I hope she sticks around.  I will definitely be back!


Turophilia on Urbanspoon

No comments: