For quite some time now, Dewey's has been the only pizza place that can be relied upon on for fresh ingredients. I'm happy to see another option. Now don't get me wrong - I LOVE Dewey's. When we are in the mood for an interesting pizza, we order white sauce (garlic and olive oil) with artichokes, pesto and pine nuts. It's delicious.
Anyway, it's nice to see companies investing in fresher ingredients on pizza. There are a lot of us out there that cannot stand terrible delivery pizza (Pizza Hut I'm looking at you!) but still want to order pizza to have at home. Frozen pizza is, in my opinion, inedible and never worth the calories/sodium. Larosas is great every once and a while - but it certainly doesn't scream "fresh." Papa Johns is good too if you want to carb up on crust (which I occassionally want to do). Naked Pizza really has it all. Their website says this (and I'm a believer):
Simply the World’s Healthiest Pizza
- All Natural: Our dough, sauce and cheese contain no additives, preservatives, colorants or weird chemicals of any kind.
- Fewer Calories: We reduce the calories with our multi-grain dough mix and by not adding sugar or butter to the dough or sauce. Our cheese is a great tasting skim milk mozzarella.
- Prebiotics: Called an invisible super fiber, prebiotics improve your balance of healthy probiotic bacteria for improved immunity.
- Multi-Grain: Our diverse blend of ancestral grain and seeds (more than 10) and selected for maximum nutrients and taste.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are health-giving bacteria that live in our guts and essential to a sense of balance. We use a heat-resistant probiotic.
As you can tell - my excitement from dinner last night has not worn off. I'm a big fan of this place and I hope it sticks around. The only negative I can come up with is that when I tried to have it delivered last weekend, they said they didn't deliver in my zipcode - even though I live 4 miles away! They must have a very small delivery area.