Thursday, March 24, 2011

Naked Pizza - Hyde Park

Naked Pizza is Cincinnati's newest pizza joint.  It is part of a national chain focused on providing quality ingredients in delivery pizza.  Hallelujah!  

For quite some time now, Dewey's has been the only pizza place that can be relied upon on for fresh ingredients.  I'm happy to see another option.  Now don't get me wrong - I LOVE Dewey's.  When we are in the mood for an interesting pizza, we order white sauce (garlic and olive oil) with artichokes, pesto and pine nuts.  It's delicious. 

Anyway, it's nice to see companies investing in fresher ingredients on pizza.  There are a lot of us out there that cannot stand terrible delivery pizza (Pizza Hut I'm looking at you!) but still want to order pizza to have at home.  Frozen pizza is, in my opinion, inedible and never worth the calories/sodium.  Larosas is great every once and a while - but it certainly doesn't scream "fresh."  Papa Johns is good too if you want to carb up on crust (which I occassionally want to do).  Naked Pizza really has it all.  Their website says this (and I'm a believer):

Simply the World’s Healthiest Pizza

  • All Natural: Our dough, sauce and cheese contain no additives, preservatives, colorants or weird chemicals of any kind.
  • Fewer Calories: We reduce the calories with our multi-grain dough mix and by not adding sugar or butter to the dough or sauce. Our cheese is a great tasting skim milk mozzarella.
  • Prebiotics: Called an invisible super fiber, prebiotics improve your balance of healthy probiotic bacteria for improved immunity.
  • Multi-Grain: Our diverse blend of ancestral grain and seeds (more than 10) and selected for maximum nutrients and taste.
  • Probiotics: Probiotics are health-giving bacteria that live in our guts and essential to a sense of balance. We use a heat-resistant probiotic.
  • More Protein: Our mixture of multi-grain flours and numerous whole grains boost the levels of important plant proteins. Increasing levels of protein help the body achieve optimal performance and help reduce hunger
  • Less Fat: No trans fats, no butter, and our skim milk mozzarella keeps the fat in check
  • Better Taste: When you add it all up, we have created the worlds healthiest and best tasting pizza that can be part of your healthy lifestyle
Last night we ordered a large pizza with pepperoni, black olives, and mushrooms.  The crust did not taste odd at all.  I would go so far as to say that it is the best non-white crust I've ever had.  Also, and you can't tell from the picture, but there are fresh strips of basil in the sauce.  It blew me away.   Not to mention that it was ready for pickup in 15 minutes. 

As you can tell - my excitement from dinner last night has not worn off.  I'm a big fan of this place and I hope it sticks around.  The only negative I can come up with is that when I tried to have it delivered last weekend, they said they didn't deliver in my zipcode - even though I live 4 miles away!  They must have a very small delivery area.
 

Naked Pizza (NOW OPEN) on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Amber said...

Have you tried Newport Pizza Company? Love love love their BBQ and Buffalo Chicken Pizza as well as the regular ones.

KC said...

Point taken - we actually have not had Newport Pizza Company. Kelly would love either one of those pizzas you mentioned though! I have a weird issue with chicken on pizza - although I do like it in calzones. Kelly says he doesn't understand my pizza rules.